Part-time Position: 20 hrs/wk
About Us: The Sojourner Truth School for Social Change Leadership is a nonprofit organization that teaches movement-building skills free of charge to activists of all ages. We are a small team that organizes 50 classes per semester (Fall and Spring), advertises the classes, offers support to our trainers and hosts and does fundraising to pay our trainers and small staff.
Job Description: We are seeking a person to work part-time supporting the work of the School through a variety of administrative tasks. This person will join a strong team that works together collaboratively with tremendous support for one another’s work and a dedication to shared power and leadership. The job will primarily be done from home through computer work, Zoom, and phone calling. Shared work space possible.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Experience and ease working with social media platforms, familiarity with data base software, and experience with Word and Excel;
* Experience and ease with outreach efforts on social media platforms and print media;
* Experience with an administrative work load that involves following-up on organization details, preparing reports, meeting deadlines, working as part of a team;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills;
* Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills;
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, trainers, hosts, donors, funders, and volunteers;
* Ability to engage with the Leadership Team with integrity, transparency and accountability;
* Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor!
Most of our work takes places Monday through Friday, but there are some responsibilities that require attention on evenings and weekends. There are opportunities for flexible scheduling of work hours.
The Sojourner Truth School for Social Change Leadership is located in Western MA with an office in Springfield. This job will be done from the person’s home office or shared work space with no expectation of working in the Springfield office. Having a car is necessary as this job will require visiting sites for in-person classes up and down the Valley in Western MA should we return to in-person classes in the future (currently all classes are on Zoom).
* Work closely with the School’s Director and Leadership Team sharing administrative tasks that keep the School running;
* Serve in many ways as an office manager although everyone works remotely;
* Work with the School’s Leadership Team on publication of the monthly eNewsletter using Mailchimp;
* Attend weekly meetings with Leadership Team;
* Respond to inquiries from the public and donors, and to questions from trainers;
* Assist Development Team in preparing reports for donors;
* Assist in updating the School’s website as needed with timely announcements and minor changes.
* Assist Leadership Team in securing sites for classes if/when the Truth School returns to in-person classes in the CT River Valley, Western Massachusetts.
People of color encouraged to apply. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that staff and trainers bring to the Truth School.
To apply, please email your letter of interest, resume, and the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references (we will only be contacting references for the finalists for the position): to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.