Training with the Truth School
Thank you for your interest in teaching for the Truth School.
We will be accepting proposals for our Fall 2019 Semester until May 1st, 2019. Proposals are submitted online.
Below is a PDF version of the proposal to help in your planning. However, all proposals must bet submitted online by May 1, 2019.
Here are guidelines for Truth School trainings as you consider submitting a proposal:
- As of our FALL 2019 Catalog: All classes must be taught by a trainer of color, or in a bi-racial / multi-racial team.
- All classes must be clearly rooted in teaching or strengthening movement-building skills.
- All classes must be rooted in a social justice agenda.
- All classes must be taught using a participatory teaching model.
- All classes are held in one of our Truth School sites located around the Pioneer Valley, spanning from Greenfield to Springfield.
- Classes typically run between 90 minutes and 3 hours. We have some series classes as well.
- Trainers are compensated at a rate of $250 for single classes. (Classes that are part of a series have a separate pay structure)
- We welcome co-trainers, but regret that we cannot currently compensate co-trainers at the full rate. Our rate is per class. You may co-teach, but you would need to split the fee.
- If you are thinking of teaching more than one class, please submit a separate proposal for each class.
- Other general information to know: all Truth School Classes have both a Trainer and a Host. Hosts open, set up and clean up the classroom space, and enable Trainers to focus on training. As a Trainer, you will need to attend a one-time 60 minute Training of the Truth School Trainers.
Thank you for submitting a proposal to teach in the Truth School. We are grateful for your interest!