Registration for Fall classes will be open as of August 1, 2023.
- This event has passed.
Ethical Upstander Training
November 17, 2020 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm ESTFree
This is a two-part class. Participants are expected to attend both sessions.
November 17, 4:30-6:30 and November 18, 4:30-6:30
Human In Common is an innovative team of experienced diversity consultants, helping individuals and organizations create social norms based on diversity, equity and inclusion. Unlike so many diversity trainings that only focus on compliance, Human In Common trainings provide a compassionate, experiential approach to learning skills for effectively interrupting bias and preventing harassment, discrimination and harmful behavior.
This core module provides participants with the basics to become an active bystander. It is a dynamic, change-oriented learning experience that will focus on strategies for interrupting racism. At the completion of this training, participants will be able to:
• Identify commonly targeted social identity groups;
• Understand and counter the “bystander effect” psychology at the root of inaction;
• Use a variety of Ethical Upstander© strategies to effectively interrupt potentially harmful situations;
• Support those who have been targeted;
• Respectfully “call in” those in our community who are doing the harm.
Trainers: Angelica Castro, Chief Transformation Officer of Human In Common, engineering inclusive excellence and a heart-centered approach; and Deborah Cohen, Executive Director of Human In Common and creator of Ethical Upstander© training.