An Anti-Racism Workshop
The Sojourner Truth School for Social Change Leadership in partnership with Re-Center, Race & Equity in Education; and the Smith College Center for Religious and Spiritual Life, are offering Showing Up Whole in Racial Justice Work, a 2-day Anti-Racism Workshop.
Saturday April 6, 2019, 9:30am – 5:00pm &
Sunday, April 7, 2019, 9:30am – 4:00pm
Helen Hills Hills Chapel, Smith College, Community Room, 123 Elm Street, Northampton, MA
Bulaong Ramiz-Hall &
Noticing how and understanding why we show up to work for racial justice is essential to our collective liberation. Through exploring our individual identities and their connection to social power, participants with connect with what motivates them to engage in racial justice work. Together, we will examine the ways we are impacted by and sometimes perpetuate multiple interlocking systems of oppression. This interactive workshop will challenge us to develop a vision for and actions toward racial justice rooted in a deep love for ourselves and others.
- Registration for this 2-day workshop is different from other Truth School classes. To register, please send an email expressing your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must commit to attending both days full to be accepted into the training.
- Although the training is free, the Truth School requires that you send in a $75 check or cash as a deposit when you register.
- Your check or cash will be returned to you IN FULL at the close of the workshop on April 7 if you have attended the entire two days.
- Workshop participants will be on their own for lunch both days. You can bring a bag lunch or head out to a nearby place to purchase lunch. Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided both days.
- Questions? Email Cate at email@example.com