Special 2-day Anti-Racism Workshop
Saturday, April 6, 2019; 9:30 – 5:00 pm &
Sunday, April 7, 2019; 9:30 – 4:00 pm
Location: Helen Hills Hills Chapel, Smith College, Community Room, 123 Elm Street, Northampton
Led by Jason Fredlund & Bulaong Ramiz-Hall, trainers with Re-Center of Hartford, CT.
This class is capped at 30 people.
Noticing how and understanding why we show up to work for racial justice is essential to our collective liberation. Through exploring our individual identities and their connection to social power, participants will connect with what motivates them to engage in racial justice work. Together, we will examine the ways we are impacted by and sometimes perpetuate multiple interlocking systems of oppression. This interactive worship will challenge us to develop a vision for and actions toward racial justice rooted in deep love for ourselves and others.
Co-sponsored by the Smith College Center for Religious and Spiritual Life.
Important notes regarding registration for this workshop:
- Registration for this 2-day workshop is different from all the other Truth School classes. To register, please send and email expressing your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must commit to attending both days fully to be accepted into this training.
- Although the trainings is free, the Truth School requires that you send in a $75 check as a deposit when you register.
- Your check will be returned to you IN FULL at the close of the workshop on April 7 if you have attended the entire two days.
- Workshop participants will be on their own for lunch both days. You can bring a bag lunch OR head out to a nearby place to purchase lunch. Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided both days.