We teach movement-building skills.
Class after class, week after week, month after month.
We prepare social change leaders to win movement struggles.
Fall & Spring Semesters
We run two semesters of classes each year, Fall and Spring, with around 40 classes each semester.
Our trainers are paid
Our classes are free
Money is not a barrier to participating in Truth School classes. We encourage those who have financial means to donate to the school.
From the contemplative to the nuts and bolts, Truth School classes speak across movements.
We are committed to:
- Amplifying the leadership of Black, Indigenous people, and people of color; they lead all Truth School classes, or offer them in bi/multi-racial/cultural teams
- Approaching movement-building skills from a horizontal and vertical lens (breadth and depth) and creating course catalogs which reflect this range
- Relationship-building as the heart of movement-building; this informs the style of our classes, and our relationships with site partners, hosts, trainers and volunteers
- Connecting people across counties, economic standing, racial identity, physical and mental ability and gender expression
- View and download the Sojourner Truth School for Social Change Leadership 2020 Annual Report here.