Digital Communications Consultant
The Sojourner Truth School for Social Change Leadership (www.truthschool.org) seeks a Digital Communications Consultant to work part-time on an ongoing basis. This person would join the small staff of an active, successful, movement-building school. The Sojourner Truth School for Social Change Leadership (the “Truth School”) is a new, fiscally-sponsored organization affiliated with the Institute for Policy Studies (in Washington, D.C.).
The Digital Communications Consultant will work virtually, with flexible work hours. A personal computer and reliable internet access are required. This person will be part of a leadership team that meets weekly. The job will require 10 hours/week; the compensation is $1000/month. The Search Committee will be reviewing materials and meeting candidates until this job is filled. Once hired this person would begin working immediately.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three reference via email to Rev. Dr. Andrea Ayvazian, Director, at email@example.com.
This position requires a professional skilled in writing, editing and digital communications to manage the Truth School’s website, social media promotion, and online newsletter. The position requires the ability to devote focused time to the website when new class sessions are launched (currently three times a year), as well as the ability to respond swiftly to real-time changes, such as classes becoming full or being canceled, during the class sessions.
The position involves working closely with the Director and the Project Administrator to achieve desired outcomes, such as reaching minimum class registration numbers and disseminating news about the school. The candidate must be available for an in-person meeting weekly. The Digital Communications Consultant will collaborate with other staff members and volunteers, as needed.
The Digital Communications Consultant is responsible for:
- Managing the website (WordPress), including embedding registration forms (Google Forms)
- Managing social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Placing and managing Facebook ads to promote the school and build class attendance
- Checking and responding to three email accounts (Gmail and Zoho Mail)
- Management of all Zoho Mail email accounts
- Triage of voicemail messages, which are sent to the Gmail account as text and voice recordings
- Managing the photo archive (Google Photos)
- Managing calendars (Google calendars)
- Writing, producing and disseminating a monthly newsletter (Mailchimp)
- Maintaining constituent data (Google spreadsheets)
- Managing the mailing list (Google spreadsheets and Mailchimp)
- Formatting photos and graphics for use on the web, social media and newsletter
- Class promotion via local media, social media groups/pages, and email lists
- Reporting on web, social media and newsletter analytics
- Compiling data about classes and instructors
Required skills: Wordpress website management and content development; social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) account management and content creation; Mailchimp newsletter creation and distribution; mailing list management; Google applications including Docs, Forms, Spreadsheets, Calendar and Photos; email account management (setting up forwarding, auto-responders, etc.); photo formatting for web and social media platforms; writing and editing for websites, social media and newsletters.
We are seeking someone with strong interpersonal skills; an ability to work on deadline; demonstrated success in collaborative problem-solving; and meticulous attention to detail.
Recommended skills: knowledge of HTML and CSS; Hootsuite social media management; Photoshop; social media marketing (Facebook ads); CRM (customer relationship management) software setup and management; use of local media calendars (Gazette, MassLive, etc.); familiarity with local social justice mailing lists and social media groups/pages; web (WordPress) and social media analytics; knowledge of contact management databases (e.g. Salesforce)
The Sojourner Truth School for Social Change Leadership is a diverse organization and serves a diverse population in Franklin, Hampshire, and Hampden Counties. We are actively seeking a diverse pool of applicants and adhere to a non-discrimination policy.